2018 Volkswagen Atlas vs. 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Drivers from Salem to Lowell have some new options when it comes to crossovers, with the 2018 VW Tiguan and the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas expanding the VW lineup. Both vehicles boast some of the best in specs—superb drivetrains and performance features, solid safety systems, clever new technologies, and gorgeous exterior and interior perks—but each crossover also promises some unique design points. We compared some key differences of the two models to help you decide which might be right for you.
While both of these Volkswagen crossovers offer up plenty of power, they also have their differences under the hood, with the Atlas bringing more potential power overall:
- Tiguan – The Tiguan runs on a 2.0L turbo engine capable of 200 hp while also delivering 207 lb-ft of torque. Drivers seeking a more energetic feel to their crossover will appreciate the 6-speed automatic with Sport Mode, standard on the Tiguan.
- Atlas – The base-line Atlas uses a similarly sized engine to the Tiguan, but it’s tweaked for improved performance at 235 hp and 258 lb-ft. If you’re looking for more power, simply up for the 3.6L V6, rated at 276 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque.
What’s more, both of these vehicles also give you and your passengers immense space in the cabin.
- Tiguan – The Tiguan features seating for five passengers, and it also comes with a panoramic sunroof and heated front seats with leatherette seating surfaces, making the drive super comfortable.
- Atlas – The Atlas will provide you with standard seating for up to seven, making it possible to fit all your family—and some friends—inside. Plus, accessing its back seats is easier than ever, with a middle row that can slide and tilt forward.
The Atlas and Tiguan are priced competitively in their respective classes:
- The 2018 VW Tiguan – The base-line Tiguan is priced at just $24,995 (MSRP).
- The 2018 VW Atlas – The base-line Atlas enters the market at a mere $30,500 (MSRP).
Which VW Crossover Should You Drive?
With the 2018 Atlas and 2018 Tiguan on your mind, we know it can be tough to decide. Here’s what we recommend:
- You should drive the 2018 VW Tiguan if you need a crossover that’s versatile and affordable but might not need more than a couple of seats for kids or friends.
- You should drive the 2018 VW Atlas if you have a larger family (or you’re planning to grow) and might need those extra seats – or if you regularly need more room for cargo.
Find Your Crossover at Commonwealth Volkswagen
When it’s time to find a new crossover, Commonwealth Volkswagen is here to help. Contact us online or give us a call at (978) 965-2440 to learn more about the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas or the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan. We’ll answer all of your questions so you can find the VW that’s right for your needs.